Paramedic, Code Red campaigner and proud member of United Voice Brett Adie spoke out today on comments he made to the Bendigo Advertiser, which were then misrepresented by Victorian Health Minister David Davis.
Code Red is a campaign to win fair pay and conditions for Victorian paramedics, who are the country’s highest trained and yet lowest paid emergency ambulance workers.
Brett said: “If anyone doubted that David Davis dealt at best in half-truths then the proof came this week with the way he misused comments I made to the Bendigo Advertiser.
“I have been standing up for Loddon Mallee paramedics for many years and I have been committed to our campaign for the past two years. I have been a passionate advocate for my paramedic colleagues and this misrepresentation strikes at the very heart of my credibility.
“I told our local paper that most of us are happy with what is being offered to us in terms of pay, and then I added ‘the problem is that they expect us to give something away’. I then explained the craziness of the rural reserve idea.
“Davis pinched my comment about the money and quoted it in a press release. To be honest it was no surprise that he left out the rest of the quote. No surprise, but disgusting and dishonest just the same. Davis has insisted on only telling half the story throughout this campaign and this is further evidence of this.
“Nothing has changed. I am, and always will be committed to the Code Red cause. This was a pathetic attempt by Davis to split our membership and our leadership. It didn’t work but it shows how low they will go.
“It’s one more reason I am hoping for a big turn-out at the rally tomorrow.
“Let’s show Davis we are united and that we speak as one. That’s true whether it’s me talking to my local paper, or Steve McGhie talking to the Melbourne media, or any of you speaking out. We will not be bullied and we will not be divided.”
Support your ambos – join our Code Red rally tomorrow at 11.30 am – more info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/676425992440350/
Subscribe to the Fair-Go Blog
100 Most Recent Topics
- Emergency services are exposed to more trauma, suffering and death in a single shift than most Victorians would deal with in a lifetime.
- A Bloody Disgraceful Act
- From a Paramedic
- “It still makes me cry now, just to even think about it,”
- Are we going backwards?
- All Care, No Responsibility
- Yep, Things Sure Have Changed
- Remembering My friend Helen
- Ellice’s Exit
- Paramedics swamp police with allegations of criminal conduct by colleagues
- Not good enough!!!!
- Hundreds of distressed paramedics prepare to take unprecedented legal action against NSW Ambulance
- Don’t forget your mates
- Ambulance service targets staff who accuse it of bullying in Facebook group
- London Calling: High Demand for Aussie Ambos
- Keep your hands off our ambos
- To: All Australian Paramedics
- A Caring Profession?
- Supporting Their Staff
- Drowsy drivers die, don’t they?
- Sore Losers
- I’m not like everybody else anymore.
- What we need, are better managers
- Industrial Warriors give me a headache
- No wonder they wont stick their heads up!
- You can tell the real emergency, can’t you?
- On another front…
- Ambulance crisis in Qld – sound familiar?
- That’s the trouble with cracking a nut with a sledge hammer
- He will try and spin anything
- Admit it
- When does this stop?
- They can dish it out….
- And yet again the public suffer
- AV Paramedics currently have a public voice, but not for long!
- LET US BE VERY CLEAR HERE
- Patients Left Waiting
- Still Waiting……and waiting
- Single Responders Waiting…and waiting
- Yes, it is a tragedy
- AV and the dishonesty of its ‘managers’.
- SEVEN SHADES OF SAVING GRACE
- Spinning the media cycle
- A Paramedic’s Message for the Government
- When should an ambulance come?
- What a load of Tripe!
- Ambulance Victoria Values & P****d Off Paramedics
- The King is Dead
- Where does all the money go?
- Death by paper cut
- Is it really true?
- James Campbell “Politics Editor”, or “Liberal Politics Editor”?
- Why don’t we believe them?
- A timely response
- Glad it wasn’t my child
- A Little Bit Lost
- What is good for the Goose….
- Protecting the Brand – The abuse of Psychiatry
- Ambulance Victoria Values??????
- Protecting the Brand – AV Media Part 2
- Public Forum
- They just don’t get it
- You would laugh if lives weren’t at stake
- Where’s the Humanity?
- Ambulance Victoria – No Ordinary Club? A very ordinary club
- Hijacked by the Union
- Spin, Lies and Half Truths
- We need your help
- Mork has finally gone home…
- Things better…..really?
- 2 years of “Code-Red”, so now it’s time to set the record straight!
- Being seen rather than doing
- From a paramedic
- Sorry guys that’s not the whole story
- Work choices by any other name….
- Is this for real, or just more bloody spin?
- The LOVE and mental ABUSE of a paramedic.
- Hard-line union thugs (paramedics) teaching CPR to the public
- The New Mental Health Act
- Bread and Circuses
- Without Power??
- Survive the Napthine Goverment
- Running on empty
- Value your ambos!
- Lies, Lies and Semantics
- 20 Minutes, Early….Really?
- Survive The Napthine Government
- It’s Just Not On
- 15 Minutes of Shame
- They’re pickin’ on me
- There is a crisis
- Playing the Man, Not the issues!
- Baby Paramedics
- Victorian Government Attacks Paramedics – Yet Again
- ‘I don’t want anything extra, I just want it to be fair….’
- A hard line left wing unionist?????
- An outside observer’s view
- Enough, Mr Davis
- Big Brother is Watching
- Well said Chooka!